Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Great Niece and Other Good News!

My niece, Sandi, and her husband, Kevin, have adopted Molly Rose McGill, who is the luckiest kid in the universe! You can tell from the photo that she knows it, too!

Also, I got my CT results today. My tumor and the metastases have shrunk since January 31, and I have no new metastasis! That means the Abraxane I am getting in chemo is working. I have some neuropathy in my feet and hands, and I have some two to three day long periods of complete exhaustion, but I am not sick, and I am not in pain. This is good!

Additionally, although I still have the blood clot, from the jugular through the superior vena cava and into the atrium of the heart, and the stent, it is all pretty stable, and I am able to go to the gym again! So I no longer have an excuse for being the only cancer patient on chemo who is gaining weight!

We also talked about other treatments,  the vaccine study and some protocols in LA and Texas, but for now we are staying with what is working (and not yet killing me!).

Thanks for all the love and support. Your good thoughts and prayers seem to be helping!

Love,
Lynne

6 comments:

  1. This just made my day!!! Great news! We love you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne! This is great news! We love to see your updates.
    Hugs and prayers....
    Love Louise and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is good News!!!!!! wow, I knew Abraxane was the one.
    still have you in prayer and will continue.... Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipey! Glad to hear things are working! Continued prayers and thoughts your way! Hugs!

    Kelly Goersch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good news . . . now we hope and pray it continues . . . And I am SO pleased to be with you as I write this. My loves always, Cec

    ReplyDelete