Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Altanta

Lynne, Iris and Paula

This weekend I had the opportunity to go to Atlanta to see my family. Everyone seemed in good spirits. We had a party on Sunday. Jim's sister and her husband, Veva and Billy, were able to join us along with the Irises, the Paulas and Ralph. Almost 30 people! Jo and I had lunch with Clark on Saturday, and that was great!


Missing my brother Clark with love


Today I get another chemotherapy treatment which starts this morning and will go until Thursday afternoon when JoAnn takes out the needle. Then I will be free for another 12 days. I am hoping to take a week off from chemo during Thanksgiving so that I can go see my friends in Whidbey island Washington State .


I really want to say thanks to everyone for all the notes, calls and cards. All the good wishes have helped me feel energized and healthy , and I really appreciate it. Since this is my second chemotherapy, I will have a much better idea about how I am going to feel going forward: when I will be able to work and when I'll be able to travel are very important to me because I want to get back into the swing of things as soon as possible.


I have thought a lot about what I would do if I have time. This kind of experience has a way of really helping me focus what I am really interested in.


I think I would try to teach at the Jesuit High School in Gulu, Uganda. I would write a book or two sharing what I have learned at Doorways and in life in general. And I have a couple of people in my life who would still be my special projects. There's one other thing which I cannot remember right now! Of course, we will finish the maternity ward in Gulu.

Lynne

4 comments:

  1. Hope your doctor gives you that week off. You talked sooooo much about Thanksgiving when we were hanging out -*ahem*- attending the research summit in New Orleans. Glad your time with your family was fab. Rock on, sistah!

    Love and peace,
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, It is so nice to be able to keep in touch through your Blog. Hope things continue to go well for you, and that you are able to get through your rounds of treatment OK. (Here's hoping you can get Thanksgiving week off!!) As a 23 year breast cancer survivor, I couldn't agree more with your wanting to focus on what is important to YOU. Good Luck, and know that you are in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are great thanks for sharing them. Praying daily that you stay strong and can continue to feel healthy.
    Love you bunches!
    Love and hugs
    Marlana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures, Lynne, and am with you in thought, spirit, and prayer . . . anxious for that needle to come out this afternoon. Love you as always, Cec

    ReplyDelete