Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I am going to Atlanta to see my family!

We are flying to Atlanta at 10 am Sat and returning at 8 pm Sunday eve. I have told my sisters what I can do and that Guido (JoAnn) will be in tow with my diaper bag. We have a private room and bath and plans to see Clark on Saturday, and see everyone else at a party at Iris' on Sunday. Phil Zinzer gave me detailed instructions about germy little kids. Basically wash your hands all the time.

Jo had insisted that I order a wheelchair and was really put out when I didn't. I tried to explain to her that the only available seats were in the exit row, and they had already asked if we were both willing and capable of operating the exit door. I had answered yes. So how could I order a wheelchair? Mary Sue and Ali will do the airport runs.

Other news

Murphy went out and bought me a cushioned toilet seat, and Johnny from Doorways came over and put it on. Oh my tired aching butt.

I called my Uncle Terry and my cousin Rene’ to share info with the Jacksonville/Valdosta crowd. Theoretically I have covered everyone now. I know it is hard news to hear, and we are all still adjusting.

I am being treated for a blood clot behind my left knee. My calf is still an inch bigger on the left, but guess what! So is my left lower leg and my left bicep. It's a wonder I can walk a straight line!

Jo and I made a quick trip to Bloomington to see Judy who had her foot reconstructed, so I slept in the back seat for the 2 hour drive. It all went well, and we got to see Judy, Rich, Jennifer and Jon!

As Evelyn Cohen would say, “That’s all for today, Folks!”

2 comments:

  1. We can't wait to see you! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way to keep us updated. I talk with Muggs almost everyday. She, like the rest of us, would like to do something to help but know there's nothing to be done. We think about you all the time. I hope the chemo lets you do the things you want to. I'm going to the lake tomorrow to wrap things up. Love, Deb, Archie & Livvy

    ReplyDelete