Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

Last week I announced to Doorways staff and the community that I have pancreatic cancer and am undergoing treatment. The Board of Directors has been planning support structures for operations during times when my presence and work schedule may be limited. I am pleased to announce the first of such structures.


The Executive Committee of the Board of Directors has appointed Joe Noelker as “Acting Executive Director," a staff title reporting to me. Joe currently serves as Doorways’ general counsel and is a member of the Board of Directors. He has graciously agreed to be present at Doorways on a regular basis to help coordinate operations and to provide consistency to staff.


In the past several months, Joe has assisted Doorways staff and me with contract, employment and other issues. Through this involvement, he has become familiar with Doorways’ programs and work routines.


I share the Executive Committee’s enthusiasm about Joe’s judgment and experience. Doorways is very fortunate to have someone of his caliber available to assist us on such short notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment