Monday, October 17, 2011

October 10, 2011

Dear Friends,

I’m writing to share some important news with you.

Today I met with DOORWAYS staff to let them know that I will begin treatment tomorrow for pancreatic cancer. The days since I was diagnosed last week have been dedicated to confirming my status and contacting my family. Words cannot express my deep gratitude for all of the love and support I’ve received.

During this big challenge, I will continue as President of DOORWAYS and will be on the job as treatment permits. I look forward to working with all of you, as we have in the past, to give excellent service to our clients and unwavering support to our staff.

Now more than ever, I will be relying on the professionalism and commitment of DOORWAYS team. These are world-class professionals who know their programs inside out, and I have the utmost confidence in them.

Our board members came to today’s meeting to reinforce their solidarity with all of our associates. We have a diverse, skilled, dedicated and hard-working board that shares my confidence in our staff. They have re-affirmed their commitment to ensuring that we will continue to have the resources we need to maintain and grow our programs, and they are planning additional support structures for operations during times when my presence could be limited.

I look forward to seeing all of you at upcoming DOORWAYS events, including those in anticipation of RED in February.

If you are wondering right now what you can or should do, I ask for your support for me, my family and friends, and especially for our DOORWAYS clients and the staff, board members, donors and colleagues who work so hard to make their lives better. It is with humility that I join their ranks in relying on your generosity and support.

Thank you for joining us in this new part of our journey together.

With love,
Lynne M. Cooper, D.Min.

No comments:

Post a Comment